Tuesday, April 14, 2009

The Love List...Understanding



*After.glow by Alonzo.Adams*



I guarantee that we'll have tough times.
I guarantee that at some point,
one or both of us will want to get out of this thing.
But I also guarantee that if I don't ask you to be mine
I'll regret it for the rest of my life.
Because I know in my heart, you're the only one for me.

(From the film - Runaway Bride, 1999)


It's been a while since I've added to or even looked at my love list. I started this list after meeting the first person that caught my interest after my divorce was final. I took over a year focusing on me and healing before I even thought about giving out my phone number.

Speaking what I need and want into the universe has placed wonderful people across my path. My heart and my spirit appreciates each one of them for being the unique person that they are. For adding to my life in a way that only they can. Each person has given me a sneak peak into the next great loveship that will shape my life.

Now I know that I will be able to appreciate my next love without jealousy, fear and remorse. Other women can appreciate my loveship partner without me feeling as if she is threat. After much soul searching I know that my next loveship will be filled with mutual trust and understanding.

I understand that what I desire and need from a loveship partner is nothing less than I am willing to give and have given in the past. Just because people in the past have not been appreciative of what I offer and give freely, does not mean others will not cherish it.

I will settle for nothing less...



KayC's Love List:

56. Knows how to accept a compliment
57. Can look at things with optimism
58. Is sometimes flexible and willing to compromise
59. Not just hears me but listens to me
60. Understands that not every day will be smiles, kisses, hugs and roses
61. Has no problem apologizing...and meaning it
62. Is sincere
63. Is not afraid to say I like/love/need/want you
64. Appreciates a good make out session
65. Works through misunderstandings with me



3 comments:

  1. And so it is!

    Great post and additions to the list.

    Understanding is a wonderful thing... understanding and accepting self first and letting it flourish throughout all...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful!

    Oh I so love your LOVE LIST :)

    ReplyDelete