Sunday, December 28, 2014

The Cleanse - Week Four (Looking in the Mirror)

Have you ever seen yourself in the mirror? 

Have you seen the real you? 

The person who hides the insecurities, the pain and the "stuff" that the world uses to try to beat you down?

I have horrible timing because the holiday season is all about magical Christmas love, finding love, couples finding their way back to love, blah, blah, blah....I almost threw a shoe at my TV the other day. I really want film writers to find another topic. 

I am working on the other aspects on my journey. I cheated and sent a text message for a birthday on Christmas Eve. There was absolutely no reason for me to set myself up like that other than I wanted an excuse to reach out to someone who did not earn or deserve my attention. I must learn to let go. I am too damn loyal, my heart is much too big and I care way too damn much. Now if they have a cleanse that can turn that ish off? I am all for it!

What have I learned this week? Other then my rant from above? I have learned that I build my support system from my friends. They are my chosen family because my blood family is not supportive. Is that harsh? Maybe it is harsh but it is honest. And for me to move on and be able to heal and be whole I must know where I can turn for support. Why? Because we continue to hurt ourselves when we look for support in places where there are none. Luckily (or divinely) I have a few people in my life who may not be there everyday but they are supportive. 

I have learned that everyone needs that.

There are three days left in this cleanse...

Until Next Time,

Peace & Blessings...



 






No comments:

Post a Comment