Thursday, November 20, 2014

Addictions Always Return, Don't They?

It has been years since I have battled my Addiction. You remember that, don't you?

I walked away.

I RAN away and never looked back.

Except to stare at my phone that year he called me on my birthday. It took everything I had to let my Addiction go to voicemail. But I did not answer...I was strong...and extremely proud of myself.

Earlier this fall I heard my addiction was getting married. He was marrying the "girlfriend." You remember her, the "girlfriend" he swore was not the girlfriend. They had smiling photos on a wedding site proclaiming their undying love and how they met.

Good for them. Everyone deserves to be happy, right? No sarcasm, just genuine "if you are happy, then I am happy for you." Did it sting a little? Of course but such is life. Build a bridge and get over it.  *But you know KayC did keep her eyes open for wedding photos. Ha! Come on, you were curious and so was I*

So why the post? Because going through my email today I saw this on my Linkedin feed:

"Your Addiction's" invitation is waiting for your response...

*KayC eyes the screen and wipes eyes to clear them*

Surely, my Addiction did not think enough time has passed to keep in touch? Seriously, he does not think that I would accept such an invite? And why on Linkedin and not any other social media? Is that because the former "girlfriend" now wife would see it?

Surely, he does not think that KayC gets down like that?

Now...where is the delete button....because Addictions always return. Right?



Until Next Time,
Peace & Blessings...

No comments:

Post a Comment