Monday, February 16, 2009

Fabulous, Really? COOL!!!

Ms.Knowitall has awarded me the "Your Blog is So Fabulous" award. Thank you so much to my beloved blog sister.





I LOVE gifts, especially unexpected ones :)

Go me, go me, go, go, go me! (Doing my best cabbage patch dance, LOL!)
Yay me!!!!

Now, down to business...



Here are the rules:
1. You need to list 5 Addictions that you have.
2. You have to pass this Tag to five (5) or more people with fabulous Blogs.


1. Books - I love a good book. Growing up I would devour books like good food. I have read so many books that you usually have to tell me what the book is about before I can remember it. They were my "escape" from being raised as an only child and being a latch key kid when my mother relocated us to another state. My books are my treasures, if they make it into my hardback library, they will not be loaned out. Oh, and most of them are signed :) I have an obsession for the written word and have journaled most of my life. Those books are kept locked away from prying eyes. Journaling is much cheaper than therapy.

2. Music - Music is my soundtrack for life. Some songs make me smile, laugh and give me warm fuzzies with the first four bars. Good music speaks to my soul and I will not get into what a good African drummer can do ;) I can put on whatever music I am feeling at the moment and sit back with a good glass of wine and waste the day away. I love attending live performances were real bands are playing. I mean performances where there are actual musicians on stage with a singer. Lounge spots with live jazz nights are popping up all over town, I hope it continues to catch on and is not a phase.

3. Great Scenery - I am addicted to nature. I will drive an hour with my furbaby to take him on a hike for 30 minutes if the scenery is good and the weather is nice. I love extremes (mountains and beaches) and dream of owning a mountain or beach front condo. I can imagine sitting on my patio watching the sun rise or set on the mountains or listening to the waves crash along the shore.

4. Eye Candy - Great eye candy will turn my head every time. No disrespect to whomever I may be with at the time, but a great work from God deserves recognition. I do not discriminate on the basis of color and thank the Creator for the many shades, sizes and shapes of men! My weakness is a man of color with neat locks and trimmed facial hair. Whew! What was I saying???

5. Love - Love is the end all to my be all. The beginning of a relationship is like a drug. You can make that person into whoever you want them to be. I love how a relationship forms over time into something you have no control over, but is shaped by actions and emotions and the creation of memories. Love is all around me in many different forms. My family's love for me (and I have a HUGE family), my fam's love for me and my friend's love for me. I am so grateful for the people I have chosen to take this journey called life with me. I couldn't have picked a better group.

I usually buck the system and do what I want to do. I don't do chain letters, so I will not tag anyone. Besides, most of the fabulous blog authors that I read on a regular have already received this award. If they haven't, they are very deserving of it. Visit them when you have time...


LoveBabz - Her blog is all about choosing love over negativity and the struggle that pursues when you do.

Everyday Cooking - Darius' food blog just makes me want to get out my pots and pans. I hope my next man can throw down like him :)

The Words I Type - Ms. Knowitall's highs and lows of everyday life. We are sisters in this life walk journey, and her other blog has great poetry.

Allocation of Solitude - Charles tells it from a male's point of view. The first post I read of his was Representin'. He immediately made it to the blog roll.

I Got Soul - Soul on Ice's spot that is enjoyable because it seems so open and honest. I am not sure he knows that I follow his blog. Wish he posted more often.


There are great blogs out there and the blogsphere has introduced me to wonderful people. See my blog roll on the right to see "What Others are Saying," they all have great blogs and this award would not have been wasted on any of them.

7 comments:

  1. Congratulations Sis! You're so fabulous, you deserve this award greatly.

    Wow, we have much in common. I spent hours in the park just yesterday, even though it's cold, I just the trees and grass. I can't wait for the Spring to come.

    Now I have to check out the other fabulous authors that you shouted out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do have a good blog. I like it a lot. It's refreshing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You Have a Great Blog..This is my first time here. I will definitely be returning. (I know you from your comments on 12Kyle's Blog).
    It's always nice to make a new blogger friend.

    You are welcomed to visit me on both of my blogs when you get the chance- "Keith's Space" (url-www.ariesrules.blogspot.com) and
    my Fiction & Poetry blog- "Escapades" (url-www.keithssongs.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats and u should read and get some of my books one day

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ms.Knowitall,
    Hey Sis! Yes, we truly have a lot in common.


    Rich,
    Thank you! I truly appreciate it.


    Keith,
    Welcome to the Storm! Thank you for stopping in and come back again.


    Torrance,
    Thank you and I plan on stopping by Brain Cell one of these days when I'm in the area. Laughing at that shameless plug :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YES YOU ARE FABULOUS!

    UBER FABULOUS! and thanks for being a great Blog Sister to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovebabz,
    You are so very welcome. Thank you for being a great blog sister as well!

    ReplyDelete