Monday, November 21, 2011

Birthday Reflections 2011

This year I am hitting my stride. I was hit hard with the mid-life 'where should I be in my life right now' and what I want to do with my life. The past year I had the honor of being involved in a variety of wonderful events and make great memories.

What I know now is that I have healed and learned a lot more than I think. I am not where I want to be but I am surely not where I used to be. My friends are going through some rough times and talking with them about their issues made me realize just how far I have come and how much chaos people are willing to put up with in their lives. It also made me question the amount of chaos I once lived with daily.

I am in a place where life is good. I am thankful for the distance I have traveled. As I continue on this journey it is alright with me to stand in my current place on this journey and thank my Creator for bringing me this far. It is alright for me to share the wisdom from a higher power with my friends (because I know it is not me talking sometimes). It is alright to be cautious and take my time when getting to know people.

It is alright to trust myself and say 'no' to allow time for me. It is alright to stand in my place, stand in my skin...

...and have everything be alright.





Until Next Time,
Peace & Blessings...

2 comments:

  1. Happy happy birthday chica!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wishing you more of a reflective, joyous, and prosperous year!

    Love that hat you are rockin' on your facebook page! Gurl you got it going on!

    Happiest of Happiest Birthday wishes to you!

    ReplyDelete