Friday, September 3, 2010

Random Thunderstorms...Truly Random




Just a few random things going through my head...

Would you rather love someone more or have them love you more? Truthfully speaking, someone is always in a relationship deeper than the other person.

I am looking forward to dancing with my Salsa performance group. Those ladies work it on the dance floor! I am honored to have been asked to join them. My first dance performance is coming soon. Dame mas baila!!!!

The summer is over. My free Fridays went way too fast.

Traveling is now in my blood and I can not wait for my next 'sistergirl trip' - Vegas, Western Caribbean or Bermuda?

I have a business venture up my sleeve that combines the hobbies that I love. I've sat on this idea for a while and think it is time to put my plan in motion. My giddiness is contagious :)

Months have passed since I visited my siblings and my niece, time to head south. I wonder if Ellie is getting old enough to remember me?

Thinking about another "Scorpio Celebration" this year but have no idea where I would host it.

I was told I'm Awesome with a capitol A! Now if only the man who told me that was actually available and did not have a girlfriend. The role of "The Other Woman" will not be played by KayC.

I have kicked my Addiction and although it was not easy on my head or my heart, it was the right thing to do for me, my love life and my future.

I helped my first Salsa Instructor teach ladies footwork. (I still had hard time saying "thank you" when they said I was a great dancer) Enjoyed teaching though.

In this recession how do people afford to eat out and buy new cars? I've nixed EVERYTHING off my extra-curricular list.

Misery loves company. Yes, I stopped giving advice because you did not listen and now you want to talk. KayC is not available right now, please refer to notes from our previous conversations. Trust me, the topic has NOT changed!

When did rompers come back in style? With stilettos? That you can NOT walk in? (know I offended a few folks there, let's move on)

I could care less about LeBron, Kobe or Tiger. None of them are putting food on my table or making my bed shake. Once again, moving right along...

I have been dealing with a few 'issues' right now. Trying my best to let them go, they will all work out in due time.

The more Spanish I learn, the more French I forget. Ma française est très rouillé maintenant.

I am in need of a good read, someone make a suggestion.

My furbaby needs friends to play with. Dogs are pack animals and he needs a pack. Toying with the idea of getting a puppy when the finances level out.

My boys celebrated their birthdays this month. HAPPY BIRTHDAY fellas! Love you like play cousins! I hate missing the festivities, this is the LAST year they celebrate without me.

I've been introduced to Frangelico, If you ever want to send KayC something a bottle will do nicely and yeah, Goose would be a nice substitute.

Was out dancing and hit the floor with a friend who is a salsa instructor. This lady walked up and started mumbling in Spanish. My friend (a black guy with long locks) said he never gets mistaken for Cuban, that was a first. I laughed and said it was me, it happens to me all the time!

What's with the heat? I am a Southern girl but dang! I must keep living right, If I can't handle the summer I sure can't handle Hell!!!

I am in love...with ME! The position of my love interest has been filled by moi and I am not hiring or accepting applications for team tryouts. No, I am not sure when tryouts will be held for the team. Check the web site for future openings.

I danced at a new venue (new to me anyway) and I met some wonderful people and danced with a few of my favorite partners. LOVE you all...they are my Salsa family. They put a smile on my face and make me forget the world. As long as there is Salsa, Merengue or Bachata playing, they rock my world!!! (Cue, MJ song ;)


Until Next Time,
Peace & Blessings...

5 comments:

  1. I would rather have someone love me more than I love them... I'm usually the deeper lover though.

    Good Reads: Walter Mosley - Known to Evil, The Long Fall
    Bernice McFadden - Glorious
    Dolen Perkins-Valdez - Wench
    Kathryn Stockett - The Help

    I batacha'd last week!!!!

    Western Caribbean sounds so nice.... and of course Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd rather someone love me more. I bet you are an awesome Salsa dancer..I can't wait until I'm able to do some really nice moves. I had to purchase a new car a few months ago. I just "wheeled and dealed" and prayed for no money down. The note isn't a problem. As for the eating out, I'm in NOLA...it's just what we do here. I don't do it as often as I used to but, there's no way I can stop eating out. The food keeps calling me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Selfishly, I'd rather have someone love me more. If there is an end, I might be hurt just a wee bit less than they.

    YAY @ your business venture! Can't wait until you are able to share details with us.

    Our budget is very precise these days and I account for everything, down to the penny. We are eating out once a month. The unexpected benefit is that I actually look forward to it more and I don't take it for granted like I used to. It's a luxury now and now not the norm.

    I don't know why rompers are back, but I surely don't like it. I didn't even like them in elementary school, so you'll never catch me rocking one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i stopped by the bookstore last night and purchased The Bluest Eye & Bleachers. i had heard both books were pretty good. just about all Walter Mosely's are excellent reads, so i co-sign MsKnowItAll. though something tells me A Piece of Cake by Coffee Brown, an against all odds read, would be a good read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahhhhh....the tree has leafy branches!!!

    ReplyDelete