Monday, December 21, 2009

My Letter to Santa 2009

Dear Santa,

This year has been a whirlwind. As I look out into the cold rain that has engulfed my window I humbly ask for the ability to keep it together. To have the strength to help my mother through her trying times as well as the eloquence to communicate in a way that will be thought provoking yet mild enough to penetrate her thick shell.

I ask for continued blessings for my sister and her family. My niece is growing by leaps and bounds and I ask for her continued happiness, joy and growth to become a wonderful young lady. Understanding for my baby brother and sister that they know I think of them often even if we are apart. The courage for them (or myself) to pick up a phone to hear each others voices while we have the ability to do so.

Peace of mind for my cousins as they battle their own demons and find their place in this world. I ask for the ability to find my footing and keep my roots as things continue to push against me. Flexibility as I stretch and hopefully not break under the pressures of everyday life.

There are many things I can ask for...the winning lottery numbers for the $140 million, new car, new job. But at the end of the day none of that really matters.

I humbly ask for the things that matter...to me.

Peace & Blessings...

6 comments:

  1. You are right, there is nothing like peace and love.

    Happy Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful letter...

    Peace, blessings and big ole hugs to you Sis!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is bigger than Santa. He is not the man for this at all.
    Send it to God.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Everyone...Thank you for the warm wishes. Hope each of you have a wonderful Holiday season! Please come back to The Storm next year, who knows what God has in store for me!


    The True Urban Queen...My dear you are correct. Already sent it to God, this was simply my 'grown-up' letter to Santa :-) These days I have God on speed dial.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so, so powerful, your prayers, especially your ending sentiment. and i have to agree. cause after all the lights and screams that money and material things surely bring...it's hardly what matters the most.

    ReplyDelete