Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Growing Roots

I have learned so much about myself in the last 2 years since I started this blog. The most important thing to me right now is I have been in my home for an entire year. I am not waiting on that dreadful letter to be taped to my front door telling me my rent will increase by X amount of dollars. Nor am I dreading the move to another location because I have awful neighbors.

This year I have become part of a community. I can walk the furbaby and talk with my neighbors. I can paint my walls, plant that much anticipated rose garden and try my green thumb at growing Calla Lilies. I can replace the flooring and decorate without worrying about losing my deposit.

What I am trying to say is that I finally have roots. I am stable in this place and time and it is a very different feeling for me. It grounds me in a way that I have never known. I look forward to coming home and have a few favorite spots around the house that makes me kick back and forget the world.

I have reconnected with family and friends as well as found comfort in myself again. I can see it in the pictures I take, my hair is shinier, my skin is brighter and life just seems better. I am attracting people who should be around me and I can sense when I need to politely keep them at bay. I am comfortable with my feelings, my shortcomings and learning that not each day will be sunshine but each day will bring growth.

Can you pick me out in the diva heels?


I know that not every relationship will last forever but that I should enjoy it while it does and try to be as happy as I can for as long as I can. I have learned that each experience shapes you, each relationship makes you grow and if you are lucky love finds you along the way.

I am growing roots and it feels great...


Peace & Blessings...

5 comments:

  1. The roots are important. It has to start somewhere. Good for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post! And that's you in the white! Front and center. LOL

    It certainly sounds like you've found your footing and your place. relish in that place of peacefulness and look forward to the future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very good post! i really enjoyed this one. your roots are soooooo important as they help you with your stability

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a wonderful post... I smiled the whole time while reading.

    Why did I look at the feet first and know which was you?!?! LOL You are absolutely fabulous!

    May your roots continue to grow and grow deeply, stronger.

    ReplyDelete
  5. QueenBee...I am glad these roots have finally started to grow.


    Ms.Insatiable...Yep, that's me! I'm trying to enjoy each day and not get caught up in the "what ifs" of life.


    12Kyle...I didn't realize I was missing roots and stability until I had them. Funny, this is the first time in my life I can say that I have them.


    MsKnowitAll...Thanks! Those are my favorite pair of Tina Turner heels. They made my Eye Candy smile, so... ;-)

    ReplyDelete