Friday, October 23, 2009

My Beautiful Surprise...

Beautiful surprises...this past year my life has been full of surprises. Sometimes we forget how fortunate we are because we are busy comparing our lives to what we think it should be. There are few coincidences in life. If you believe that God is in control how can anything be a coincidence? A beautiful surprise but not a coincidence.

I was talking to a girlfriend who I have recently reconnected with. We were bonding over getting into the dating scene after being married when she shared something profound with me. She described a man she recently spent time with like this "I only want him if God wants me to have him."

How often we forget our plans are not our own. We end up frustrated because we are trying to hold on to things that God himself is trying to take away. After my conversation with my girl, I remembered how people seem to cross to my path. How I always end up 'coincidentally' meeting people that I previously saw in passing. Always a coincidence? I don't think so, not anymore.

I am making a conscious effort to stop relying on other people to justify how I feel, what I think about someone and who I should/should not spend time with. I am learning that taking one day at a time and enjoying each moment for as long as I can is doing wonders for my spirit.

I am stopping to enjoy all of my beautiful surprises...

















Beautiful Surprise - India.Arie





Beautiful Surprise

It's like yesterday
I didn't even know your name
Now today
You're always on my mind
I never could have predicted that I feel this way
You are beautiful surprise
Intoxicated every time I hear your voice
You've got me on a natural high
It's almost like I didn't even have a choice
You are a beautiful surprise

Whatever it is you came to teach me
I am here to learn it cause
I believe that we are written in the stars
I don't know what the future holds
But I'm living in the moment
And I'm thankful for the man that you are, you are, you are

You are everything I ask for in my prayers
So I know my angels brought you to my life
Your energy is healing to my soul
You are a beautiful surprise
You are an inspiration to my life
You are the reason why I smile
You are a beautiful surprise




Peace & Blessings...

5 comments:

  1. i like the way u refer to these "coincidences" as beautiful surprises. it doesn't take much for me to understand and agree w/ absolutely everything said in this post. hardly any coincidence concerning how things come to be.

    and u r rocking the hell out of ur gear, i c.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now you got me sanging at my desk! I love this song. Absolutely!

    This is a great post. Our plans are definitely not our own and there are no such things are coincidences. All of our steps are ordered and every encounter has a significant purpose.

    I am enjoying your journey and your roots are even deeper now that you won't allow other's feelings to interrupt your flow. Gwaan girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Don...Guess you're referring to the killer high heels from the previous post? :-) Thanks!


    Kafo...Thank you, good to see you back.


    MsKnowitAll...Sing away sister, I love that song. Wait until you read the next post ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!

    ReplyDelete