Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Following My Intuition

I was catching up on some blog reading this holiday weekend and one of favorite bloggers was talking about being superficial in her writing. Being shallow in what she writes and the stories she tells about life. It was timely to me. So timely in fact that I could have been reading my own writing.

I started this blog what seemed like a few years back as an outlet. My life was in shambles and I was trying to find my way through the flames. This was the one place I was honest. The one place where I would pour my heart out under pen names and pseudonyms to protect the innocent and not so innocent.

Somehow I got away from that. I stopped putting things down on paper because I never wanted to live through them again. But that is not fair to myself. I need an outlet. I need something to get it out of my head and let go and give it to God. The good and the not so good.

I dusted out my journal yesterday and still have not written a word in it. What I have done is re-read a few things from the last time I put pen to paper over three years ago. I had forgotten all the little things that led up to major decisions at that time. Things that make journaling (and this blog) so important.

What I need to do is learn to follow my intuition. That gut feeling that never seems to steer me wrong. Whenever something goes wrong in my life it is because I went against that feeling. I find myself dealing with things in the end of relationships that I KNEW would be issues because they were nagging in my gut in the beginning. I find myself saying " I KNEW BETTER" whenever I go against that tiny voice inside of me. About anything.

From this point on I have made myself a promise. I will follow that gut instinct.

I will start now...


Until Next Time,
Peace & Blessings from  

3 comments:

  1. ah yes. this was me not too long ago, and did a few posts about it. i get it.

    good girl!

    ptc

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl... I'm with you on this post! First of all... Hey Lady KayC!

    I think a lot of us bloggers feel the same way... I didn't post because I felt my stories were not worthy of posting or too depressing... but my blog, too, started out as my outlet. Then it developed into a chore...

    Back to you!

    Following intuition... it's so simple but since we can't see it or tangibly feel it, we think we are making wrong decisions. I've been there. I AM there.

    Good post!

    ReplyDelete