Friday, February 12, 2010

Been There, Done That

"There’s something lovely about knowing
that when it’s right you really know it’s right,
because you’ve already been through all the wrong.”
- Helen Folasade Adu


Been there and done that. My spirit is speaking to me again. The voice that whispers from deep down in your soul and tells you exactly what you need, although it may not be exactly what you want.

This year started off rocky. My mother had two priority/emergency surgeries, the heater in my house was/is on the verge of collapsing and I had to call an electrician when one wall in the house decided to go dead. (yeah, the credit card is smoking) Add to that nursing hurt feelings, furloughs on the job and the death of a pet and you have an extremely trying January!

My heart was hurting, my spirit was bending and my soul was bruised. Even on the dance floor hardwoods my joy would not show. I had settled into this 'mediocrity' of life. The everyday mundane living I loathe was taking its toll.

The pendulum was swinging into a different direction and I was weary. I am not sure of my exact epiphany moment. I prefer not to reveal the moment I realized my spirit was speaking to me again or maybe it was that I surrendered to listen?

Either way...I can proudly say that now I have been there and done that. Rest assured I have no desire to ever go back to that dark place again.


Until Next Time,
Peace & Blessings...

3 comments:

  1. Happy to know that you made it through... i really liked that quote... life is so good when you look at things from the brighter side of the street.


    keep pushing...brighter days await you

    ReplyDelete
  2. At the end of the day, as long as you can recognize the signs you know when its time to jump ship. Hang in there hun. Everything will be alright.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel you on this. I try to step away from the world when I'm feeling "pee-pee ish", which is often lately.

    ReplyDelete