Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Learning the Lesson...Cont'd.

Thank you to my fellow bloggers (QueenBee, Lovebabz, MsKnowitall, Brandee, Insatiable One, The True Urban Queen and 12Kyle) for stopping by and adding words of encouragement and wisdom as I retreated and forgot the world. Your words did not fall on deaf ears nor blind eyes and I needed every one of them.

Almost a year ago I wrote this post about learning the lesson. God continues to put things in our path to make us deal with them, to make us stop running and come full circle on your wants versus your needs. If you do not learn the lesson you are doomed to repeat it until you do. This is my belief...

I am slowly coming to terms with my initial medical prognosis and waiting on the part two that will be in soon. It is not an easy wait nor is it something I ever thought I would be faced with. Life is funny like that, it only takes an instant to change your perspective and my perspective has changed drastically in the past week and a half.

My beyond wonderful fam (the group of friends that have become my surrogate family) have rallied around me despite their own drama to check on me, text me, call me and take me out to get my mind off my wait. They are beyond words and I am truly grateful for each and every one of them.

They have taken me to my favorite restaurants, accompanied me salsa dancing, shared great birthday celebrations and great glasses of wine. Despite their best efforts, through it all I thought I just needed to be held. When in fact God sent me exactly what I needed...a long walk through the park where I found a great ear to listen and great conversation.

As I continue to wait on test results I realize that I do own a fear that is warranted, but I also own hope and the fact that I am surrounded by people that genuinely love me, the real me and continue to uplift me through it all.


Peace & Blessings...

4 comments:

  1. No one ever said it would be easy, right? But while you're going through your going through, God also placed us bloggers here to help you even if we've never met. Some are here for a reason, and some a season; but whatever the situation, know this, you may be bruised, but not broken. Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am drawn to you because we are similiar in spirit and thought. You are an artist...something I always wanted to be and so I stand in awe of your God given talents.

    Being a mother isn't out the realm of possibility. Whatever the prognosis, whatever the diagnosis you will summon all the necessary courage to mee its challenge head on.

    You have tools for a grand life. You are no longer a novice in handling YOU. You have been on this journey and have learned afew things. You know GOD holds you in care.

    You have all you need for the best life! I have faith and love for you and in you.

    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kay C, you got me at tears over here girl. This statement right here: God continues to put things in our path to make us deal with them, to make us stop running and come full circle on your wants versus your needs. If you do not learn the lesson you are doomed to repeat it until you do. "

    You just don't know what I've been going through these past couple of days and I now know that it's because I need come full circle and finally end something is doing me no go. I dont know why I keep going back to it but it must end here. It must! Thank you so much for that. You just dont know how it has helped me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. QueenBee...Nope, no one ever said it would be easy. I like the phrase "bruised no broken."


    Lovebabz...We are very similar in spirit. I still have a hard time with the artist label because I know so many people who ooze talent, but I'm working on it ;) Thank you for the kind words.


    Insatiable One...No tears! I have a strict no crying alone policy :) Seriously, I am glad you got something out of this post. It was personal for me to write and I wasn't sure how much I wanted to share in internet land. But if it helped at least one person then it was worth sharing.


    Yan Tan...Welcome to the Storm! Hope you come back and visit again soon.

    ReplyDelete