Monday, December 3, 2007

Another Year, Another Decade and Still So Much To Learn

I am now 30 years old. I thought when I turned 30 life would be a lot different than it is now. Oh the best laid plans of mice and men!

I think I will enjoy my 30s. For my birthday I went to my favorite Caribbean restaurant and the Chef whipped up a delightful seven course meal that not only exercised my taste buds and sense of smell, but my eyes as well. I also enjoyed the concert of an artist who sounds a lot better on his CD, so I guess I'll spare you his name. He was so over the top with his show, that I practically laughed my way through it. I hope his keyboard has recovered from being molested by now. Oh yeah, hello again to my Sorors (Natalie and Tiffany) who happened to be sitting behind me. It really is a small world, if only we could figure out if the singer in the end of the show was really throwing the sign ;)

The only downfall of my entire two week vacation was trying to visit my father. Even though it was the first time I had returned to my hometown in over two years, he did not find it necessary to invite me over for his 50th birthday. For some reason he is so busy comparing me to my younger sisters that he has missed the woman I have become.

As the man who gave me life, he can only see the negative. Others around me see the positive and try to help me see it when people like him send me a TKO of zingers that hit like body blows. I guess he is incapable of showing love any other way.

Anyway...Happy Birthday Pop!

No comments:

Post a Comment