Monday, August 27, 2007

New Tricks

"You can't teach an old dog new tricks"

I like that quote. I always have. It motivates me to start and learn new things as I get older. I am starting a number of new things this year. The most important thing is that I will enter into a new decade (the 30's) and with that comes a new outlook. The others include:

1. I stepped out of retirement with a team I originally stepped with in my teens. (I am now retired again from stepping)

2. I had my first ballet class Saturday with my performance group. As a child I always wanted to take lessons, but we did not have the money.

3. I reconnected with old friends I have not spoken with in almost a decade.

Clearing the air with my friends and people I have dated has been a major breakthrough this year. My friends and I have mended wounds and tied loose ends that I thought would haunt me forever. I'm not sure what some of them thought when they received my emails, phone calls or letters, but I am glad that we were able to admit we were young and foolish and be able to move on. One of my friends is even helping me to write again. I only wish I was at the same level as they are. But I thank them for their help and support.

There is only one other friend I have not been able to contact to clear the air. Fear is a powerful motivator and I am not sure I am ready to cross that bridge as of yet. I am ready to admit I was wrong, but not sure that my friend is ready for the apology. It has been ten years and I am hoping that they remember me, but I am dreading the initial contact.

No comments:

Post a Comment