Monday, November 30, 2009

My Birthday Reflections 2009...Part II (with pics & video)

I have run out of adjectives to describe how great November 21, 2009 turned out to be. This post is an attempt to share with my blog family how wonderful this day was. It started out with a theater call at 10:30 that morning. The cast always gathers with a prayer on stage and this time we also had a "Happy Birthday" song to yours truly. I enjoyed every second of it.


Silliness at dress rehearsal on Thursday and Friday:



Broke in my new camera behind the scenes.
The percussionist I mentioned earlier:



After the show - Salsa band was entertaining the crowd:



The birthday cake and Salsa were fabulous:



We got in a few Ruedas (A Cuban style of Salsa):



Thanks to my friend I also have a short clip of Salsa dancing with one of my instructors. He kept me and another one of my Salsera sistergirls moving through a few songs :-)



For my first party it was absolutely beyond words. These are just a few snapshots of the fun had by all during the day. I have photos of genuine laughter and smiles that I will cherish for years to come. I thank God for the gift of choosing great friends and allowing me to attract wonderful people. My signature drink the "KC" purple Martini was a hit and yes, I had my fair share ;-)

As I woke up on Sunday morning to rush off to my friend's birthday brunch and spend time with my family who came from out of town I felt an unbelievable sense of love, accomplishment and pure joy. For all of those things, I will eternally be grateful...

Peace & Blessings...

5 comments:

  1. From the look of that smile glued upon your face, it looks like you really were enjoying yourself. Which is an absolutely great thing. I aint mad @ it: and yes, I had my fair share

    Love the salsa dance video. You are so clean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nappy diva...Thank you. I searched for the 'perfect party/salsa' dress for a minute until I decided on that one :-)


    Don...Yes, that smile stayed there for a few days. Thanks, Salsa is an obsession to me. Imagine my surprise when I opened my email to find that video snippet?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! I am so happy your birthday turned out awesome! That's fab girl. Love the pictures and the video. You look so...happy! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE the dress! So fabulous!
    I am glad you enjoyed your birthday to the fullest. I can't see the vid at work :-( so I'll have to view later...

    ReplyDelete